(also arbiter elegantiae /ˌɛlɪˈgantɪʌɪ/)
- A judge of artistic taste and etiquette.More example sentences
- And I believe you feel yourself somehow empowered as an arbiter elegantiarum, but I could be wrong.
- The Duke of Windsor was another undisputed arbiter elegantiarum for the whole civilized world.
- Petronius, the man of sophisticated culture, arbiter elegantiarum, is a bundle of contradictions.
Latin, 'judge of elegance', used by Tacitus to describe Petronius, Gaius, arbiter of taste at Nero's court.
More definitions of arbiter elegantiarumDefinition of arbiter elegantiarum in:
- The US English dictionary