- 1An axle or spindle on which something revolves.More example sentences
- The third step is to mount the wheels on the arbors and to place these assemblies between the front- and backplates in such a way that the wheels and pinions mesh and turn freely.
- The indenter was secured into the arbor of a milling machine.
- The bushing is secured in place by a solid arbor that passes through the front of the frame, through the middle of the bushing and is locked in place by the pivoting barrel and ejector rod.
- 1.1A device holding a tool in a lathe.More example sentences
- Each shooter's tool kit contains loading dies, a small arbor press and a powder measure capable of being adjusted to throw precise charges.
- Technician A says unless the job is done with an arbor press the tone wheel is likely to become deformed.
mid 17th century: from French arbre 'tree, axis'. The spelling change was due to association with Latin arbor 'tree'.