- A fine branching structure at the end of a nerve fibre.More example sentences
- Distally, each axon breaks up into simple or complex arborizations, the telodendria, which end on other neurons, glands, or muscle.
- Both cell lines display a rather immature morphology, although in response to various molecules they can grow neuritic processes with terminal arborization.
- Furthermore, morphological studies have shown that activity can alter the structure of the postsynaptic cell by increasing spine density and even the extent of dendritic arborization.
More definitions of arborizationDefinition of arborization in:
- The US English dictionary