A shady garden alcove with the sides and roof formed by trees or climbing plants trained over a framework.
More example sentences
- We have a scented country garden and pond, water features, gravel gardens, arbours, pergolas, a summerhouse, many rare and unusual perennials, and 120 clematis.
- They have planted a formal, yew encircled rose garden, with blue-painted pergolas and arbours, and have recently planted a gravel garden beside the sea road, with grasses, Verbena bonariensis, cistus, eryngiums and grasses.
- The most popular garden structures, not counting the ubiquitous shed, include trellises, arbours and pergolas.
- More example sentences
- The people who buy these plots of land will have no sea view and no arboured lane to drive beneath.
- This part of the garden is an area framed by a square yew-hedge with arboured entrances at the cardinal points.
- There is an arbored back porch the entire width of the home for enjoying your morning coffee or evening sunsets.