Definition of arbour in English:
A shady garden alcove with the sides and roof formed by trees or climbing plants trained over a framework.
- We have a scented country garden and pond, water features, gravel gardens, arbours, pergolas, a summerhouse, many rare and unusual perennials, and 120 clematis.
- They have planted a formal, yew encircled rose garden, with blue-painted pergolas and arbours, and have recently planted a gravel garden beside the sea road, with grasses, Verbena bonariensis, cistus, eryngiums and grasses.
- The most popular garden structures, not counting the ubiquitous shed, include trellises, arbours and pergolas.
- Example sentences
- The people who buy these plots of land will have no sea view and no arboured lane to drive beneath.
- This part of the garden is an area framed by a square yew-hedge with arboured entrances at the cardinal points.
- There is an arbored back porch the entire width of the home for enjoying your morning coffee or evening sunsets.
Words that rhyme with arbourAnnaba, arbor, barber, Barbour, harbour (US harbor), indaba, Kaaba, Lualaba, Pearl Harbor, Saba, Sabah, Shaba
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.