An evergreen tree or shrub of a genus that includes the strawberry tree. See also trailing arbutus.
- Genus Arbutus, family Ericaceae
More example sentences
- We ran to daycare together and pointed out all the arbutus trees along the way.
- But it seemed so distant from where he sat now, with mosquitoes biting at his wrists and a wilted arbutus on the sill.
- Also known as arbutus or madrona, these large, red-barked trees cling to the cliffs above Puget Sound like well-muscled rock climbers.
More definitions of arbutusDefinition of arbutus in:
- The US English dictionary