Definition of arch-enemy in English:
1A person who is extremely opposed or hostile to someone or something: the twins were arch-enemies
More example sentences
- The designer who created the game, Yuji Naka - president and CEO of Sonic Team - is busy these days doing what would have been anathema a year ago: making a Sonic variant for a former arch-enemy, Nintendo.
- Everyone knows that a hero is only as interesting as his arch-enemy and the bad guy in this film, while amusing, isn't particularly interesting.
- One would think that a leader who has brought about a historic detente with an arch-enemy would be cheered and feted by his people.
1.1 (the Arch-enemy) The Devil.
- At the heart of the plot is a core of born-again Christians who form a resistance movement against the ultimate arch-enemy, Satan.
- I hear the arch-enemy making his way down the hall now.
- Everyone knows the story of the baby born in a manger in Bethlehem but few are familiar with His arch enemy - Satan.
Words that rhyme with arch-enemyenemy
Definition of arch-enemy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan