Definition of arch-enemy in English:
1A person who is extremely opposed or hostile to someone or something: the twins were arch-enemies
More example sentences
- The designer who created the game, Yuji Naka - president and CEO of Sonic Team - is busy these days doing what would have been anathema a year ago: making a Sonic variant for a former arch-enemy, Nintendo.
- Everyone knows that a hero is only as interesting as his arch-enemy and the bad guy in this film, while amusing, isn't particularly interesting.
- One would think that a leader who has brought about a historic detente with an arch-enemy would be cheered and feted by his people.
1.1 (the Arch-enemy) The Devil.
- At the heart of the plot is a core of born-again Christians who form a resistance movement against the ultimate arch-enemy, Satan.
- I hear the arch-enemy making his way down the hall now.
- Everyone knows the story of the baby born in a manger in Bethlehem but few are familiar with His arch enemy - Satan.
Words that rhyme with arch-enemyenemy
Definition of arch-enemy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.