Definition of archaeometry in English:
The application of scientific techniques to the dating of archaeological remains.
- The seminar covers general aspects of archaeometry, given by invited speakers and students.
- This site is designed to be used as a resource for the teaching of archaeometry and archaeological science at universities and, in some cases, secondary schools.
- In its broadest sense, archaeometry represents the interface between archaeology and the natural and physical sciences.
- Example sentences
- The role of ceramics in building chronologies and as signifiers of cultural similarity single this artifact category out as a prime focus for archaeometric research.
- This is attributable to researchers' lack of archaeometric expertise, insufficient funding, or an overconfidence in the reliability of macroidentifications.
- In each of these cases, archaeometric analysis was able to determine a specific source location because the sources were narrowly distributed, often to an area as small as a county.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan