- Consciously imitating a word or a style of language or art that is very old or old-fashioned: archaizing poetryMore example sentences
- He embodied the guiding myths of the regime - the Fascist Revolution, the omnipotence of the Duce, and the corporate state - in an archaizing, expressionist style.
- Others, such as the sculptor Arturo Martini, and Massimo Campigli, created a more archaizing style, drawing inspiration from ancient myth and Etruscan art.
- Based initially on archaizing and backward-looking models taken from medieval literature and the Gaelic Order, new identities were proposed for an Irish Ireland by the Revival.
More definitions of archaizingDefinition of archaizing in:
- The US English dictionary