- St Thomas Aquinas had an arrangement of angels - they ranged from angels, archangels and so on up to seraphims.
- As the most beautiful of God's archangels (a high rank of angels) he became jealous of God's appointed heir and, gathering other angels around him, mounted a challenge.
- From Fludds illustration of The Three Worlds, in Figure I, the Intellectual World can be seen as ruled over by the angels and archangels.
- From the highest to the lowest in rank, the orders are seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels.
- There are three types of beings: angels, archangels, and virtues fall into one category, and their nature is inherently good.
- Saint Michael belongs to the choir of angels called the Archangels, usually listed eighth of the nine choirs.
- Lamiastrum galeobdolon (or Galeobdolon luteum), family Labiatae
- But to Sheffield Hallam University lecturer Ian Rotherham, the variegated yellow archangel is a puzzle to be solved.
- The conifers are now largely gone, and bluebells, early purple orchids and yellow archangels have returned.
- Fortunately, yellow archangel is easy to pull out, making control efforts both tolerable and worthwhile.
- Example sentences
- One invokes the archangelic names in the name of protection, and these name represent the elements earth, water, air, and fire.
- If anyone was looking for the transliterations of the archangelic names, they're as follows.
- Consider an important question or concern that you'd like to offer for archangelic care.
Middle English, from Anglo-Norman French archangele, via ecclesiastical Latin from ecclesiastical Greek arkhangelos, from arkhi- 'chief' + angelos 'messenger, angel'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.