- 1The office of an archbishop.More example sentences
- The main proposal of the ‘Edict of Restitution’ was to ensure that the ‘Ecclesiastical Reservation’ was enforced and it affected the secularised archbishoprics of Bremen and Magdeburg, 12 bishoprics and over 100 religious houses.
- Scotland had no territorial episcopate before the 12th century and no archbishoprics before the late 15th century.
- The noose became even tighter when the bishopric of Prague was subordinated to the German archbishopric of Mainz.
- 1.1An archdiocese.More example sentences
- It thus ceased to be an archbishopric; the diocese now includes Killala and Achonry.
- The nobles founded many monasteries and the archbishopric of Rouen was coterminous with the duchy.
- The second largest city is Santiago de Cuba in the province of Oriente, where the Roman Catholic archbishopric was established in the colonial era.
More definitions of archbishopricDefinition of archbishopric in:
- The US English dictionary