Definition of archbishopric in English:
1The office of an archbishop.
- The main proposal of the ‘Edict of Restitution’ was to ensure that the ‘Ecclesiastical Reservation’ was enforced and it affected the secularised archbishoprics of Bremen and Magdeburg, 12 bishoprics and over 100 religious houses.
- Scotland had no territorial episcopate before the 12th century and no archbishoprics before the late 15th century.
- The noose became even tighter when the bishopric of Prague was subordinated to the German archbishopric of Mainz.
- It thus ceased to be an archbishopric; the diocese now includes Killala and Achonry.
- The nobles founded many monasteries and the archbishopric of Rouen was coterminous with the duchy.
- The second largest city is Santiago de Cuba in the province of Oriente, where the Roman Catholic archbishopric was established in the colonial era.
Words that rhyme with archbishopricbishopric
Definition of archbishopric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan