- 1A sunken enclosure giving access to the basement of a building.More example sentences
- Additionally, the installation of fences enclosing the areaway is alien to this neighborhood.
- Haks then prepared designs for abandoned vaults or areaways in need of remedial construction.
- An egress window with any point of clear opening below adjacent grade shall be provided with an areaway in accordance with this section.
- 1.1A passageway between buildings.More example sentences
- A drive from the West Wing allows direct access to the ground floor by way of open courts or areaways on the north side of the White House on either side of the North portico.
- Down the street from the Nigerian café-- not far from the day lights and cinnamon stands an areaway between buildings.
- There is a fenced-in brick courtyard/atrium in the areaway between the main home and garage.
More definitions of areawayDefinition of areaway in:
- The US English dictionary