(also areca palm)
- A tropical Asian palm.
More example sentences
- Genus Areca, family Palmae: several species, in particular A. catechu
- A popular stimulant in the Indian subcontinent and SE Asia, is the fruit of the areca palm, Areca catechu, which grows wild in Sumatra and the Philippines and is cultivated in other regions.
- All the paintings have been done on the spathe of the areca palm, called ‘paala’ in Malayalam.
- The areca palm, for example, is particularly fond of toluene, a by-product of glue that can be harmful when it combines with oxygen.
via Portuguese from Malayalam áḍekka.
More definitions of arecaDefinition of areca in:
- The US English dictionary