- The astringent seed of an areca palm (Areca catechu), which is often chewed with betel leaves. Also called betel nut.More example sentences
- I gave them each a coin with a ripe areca nut placed in a betel leaf.
- The high-risk in the Indian subcontinent is related to the high prevalence of pan-tobacco (a combination of betel leaf, lime, areca nut and sun cured tobacco) chewing in the population.
- People in the more accessible Central Mekeo rapidly found themselves in the enviable position of being the sole providers of large quantities of high quality betel pepper and areca nut.
More definitions of areca nutDefinition of areca nut in:
- The US English dictionary