An evergreen Moroccan tree or shrub which has hard, heavy wood and yields seeds whose oil is used in cosmetics and cooking.
- Argania spinosa, family Sapotaceae
More example sentences
- Argan oil, known as Moroccan gold, comes from the seeds of the argan tree, once widely grown in Morocco but now found only in the south.
- The oil was sold in Moroccan markets even before the Phoenicians arrived, yet the hardy argan tree, called the Moroccan ironwood by some people, has been slowly disappearing.
- The argan tree has long been a cornerstone of Moroccan and specifically Burba culture.
Moroccan Arabic, from Berber argān.
Definition of argan in:
- The US English dictionary