- 1Copious but meaningless talk or writing; waffle: bureaucratic argle-bargleMore example sentences
- That's the gist of the new national security report, 49 pages of argle-bargle updated from argle-bargle of 2002.
- The folks on the Nova Roma group are having an argle-bargle about it.
- I'll spare you the technical argle-bargle.
- 2 another term for argy-bargy.
early 19th century: reduplication of dialect argle, a late 16th-century alteration of argue.
More definitions of argle-bargleDefinition of argle-bargle in:
- The US English dictionary