verb (argufies, argufying, argufied)[no object] • humorous or • dialect
- Argue or quarrel, typically about something trivial: It won’t do to argufy, I tell youMore example sentences
- Men amused themselves in the mess by argufying sometimes about any silly subject.
- But there was something more than teenage argufying going on here.
- They started to argufy but nobody remembered how many cans there were at the very beginning.
late 17th century: fanciful formation from argue; compare with speechify.
More definitions of argufyDefinition of argufy in:
- The US English dictionary