- The action or process of reasoning systematically in support of an idea, action, or theory: lines of argumentation used to support his thesisMore example sentences
- Far more interesting, though, is the quality of argumentation offered in support of Derrida's importance.
- Is The New Rhetoric about the arguments people make, or about the process of argumentation?
- The bottom line in such argumentation was reminiscent of the objective of all despotic regimes to genuine political participation.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin argumentatio(n-), from argumentat- 'conducted as an argument', from argumentari.
More definitions of argumentationDefinition of argumentation in:
- The US English dictionary