- A long accompanied song for a solo voice, typically one in an opera or oratorio.More example sentences
- Songs, arias, and operatic scenes are mixed together, and that works well too.
- Only Bartoli could have made best-selling albums out of obscure arias by Scarlatti, Vivaldi and Gluck.
- The concert will include many opera favourites including arias from Bizet, Puccini and Dvorak.
early 18th century: from Italian, from Latin aer 'air'.
More definitions of ariaDefinition of aria in:
- The US English dictionary