A person born under the sign of Aries.
- Unlike most Ariens, the Aries / Virgo is somewhat conservative and cautious, basing actions upon the precedent of experience and reason.
- It is true that they may not have the flair and excessive energy of their fellow Ariens, for the fire of their Sun sign is grounded by the Taurus earth provided in the Moon sign.
- Even Zurich, who commissioned the research into insurance claims for car accidents, have declared that they will not be charging fender-bending Ariens higher premiums.
Relating to a person born under the sign of Aries.
- The Arien personality is pioneering, energetic, and swift acting, and the Aquarius inner nature is idealistic, blessed with great imagination, and is tuned to the future.
- Ideally, the Arien courage and initiative should uplift the Piscean inner nature, enabling the person born into this Sun-Moon sign to put all those creative ideas into practice.
- The Arien personality may be energetic, enthusiastic, and intrigued by excitement, but the Virgo inner nature holds some of those passions in check.
Words that rhyme with Arianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of Arian in:
An adherent of the doctrine of Arianism.
- Though there are similarities between Newman's state of mind preceding his work on the Arians and the Monophysites, there is a crucial difference between the two projects.
- The Arians, who denied the full divinity of Christ, were spotlighted at the Council of Nicaea, and most of the council's work focused on accurately defining Jesus' nature.
- Yet, as Athanasius and his cobelligerents knew, Christianity itself hung upon the debate with the Arians.
Of or concerning Arianism.
- The Arians of the Fourth Century helped to establish the historiographic attitude towards heresy in British Arian scholarship.
- First, the Arian heresy overextends God's unity by referring to diversity and difference in God rather than distinction.
- That removes him from the strictly Arian camp but still leaves him short of a robust Trinitarian orthodoxy.
Definition of Arian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.