- A soil of an order comprising typically saline or alkaline soils with very little organic matter, characteristic of arid regions.More example sentences
- North America's aridisols are found primarily west of longitude 100° W in areas of desert where water is lacking for long periods.
- The most typical aridisols occur in the Ebro Delta, in the Albacete plains (Castile-La Mancha) and in the Cabo de Gata (Almeria, Andalucia).
- Aridisols are extensive in lower elevations over the southern two-thirds of the state but are replaced in the cooler and moister higher elevations by Mollisols.
More definitions of aridisolDefinition of aridisol in:
- The US English dictionary