- The average of a set of numerical values, as calculated by adding them together and dividing by the number of terms in the set.More example sentences
- It is easy to see that the medial and the binomial are closely related to the geometric mean and the arithmetic mean respectively.
- Geometric means give relatively greater weight to smaller values than arithmetic means and are therefore a conservative measure of average sample size.
- The average may either be calculated using an arithmetic mean or a geometric mean.
More definitions of arithmetic meanDefinition of arithmetic mean in:
- The US English dictionary