- another term for arithmetic logic unit.More example sentences
- Despite very high working frequency of the fastest central processing unit, its arithmetic unit proved to be slower than that of the other central processing unit.
- The graphics processing unit is said to contain a shader core equipped with 48 arithmetic units ‘that can execute 64 simultaneous threads on groups of 64 vertices or pixels’ - whether they work on vertices or pixels, depends on the workload, apparently.
- Each pipeline is fed by a single texturing unit as well as a pair of shader units, the arithmetic units used to calculate effects.
More definitions of arithmetic unitDefinition of arithmetic unit in:
- The US English dictionary