Definition of armband in English:
1A band worn around a person’s upper arm to hold up a shirtsleeve or as a form of identification.
- Pedestrians were reminded to wear bright highly visible clothing, reflective armbands, sam-brown belts or jackets and to face on-coming traffic when out walking.
- To show their support people are asked to wear a white band, either an armband, wristband or headband, during the concerts.
- Jackson, who appeared at the Santa Maria hearing wearing a black suit, a red armband and sunglasses, faces a total of 10 charges, in what has been dubbed the trial of the decade.
1.1An inflatable plastic band worn around a person’s upper arm as a swimming aid.
- Elwani has come a long way since she herself wore armbands in the swimming pool.
- And it appears that Lewis could be on the way to following in his father's footsteps - loving nothing more than splashing around in the water and swimming without armbands.
- This competition was like racing Ian Thorpe and Michael Phelps in inflatable armbands, or making Paula Radcliffe and the rest have a little lie-down in the middle of the marathon.
Definition of armband in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia