Definition of armband in English:
1A band worn around a person’s upper arm to hold up a shirtsleeve or as a form of identification.
- Pedestrians were reminded to wear bright highly visible clothing, reflective armbands, sam-brown belts or jackets and to face on-coming traffic when out walking.
- To show their support people are asked to wear a white band, either an armband, wristband or headband, during the concerts.
- Jackson, who appeared at the Santa Maria hearing wearing a black suit, a red armband and sunglasses, faces a total of 10 charges, in what has been dubbed the trial of the decade.
1.1An inflatable plastic band worn around a person’s upper arm as a swimming aid.
- Elwani has come a long way since she herself wore armbands in the swimming pool.
- And it appears that Lewis could be on the way to following in his father's footsteps - loving nothing more than splashing around in the water and swimming without armbands.
- This competition was like racing Ian Thorpe and Michael Phelps in inflatable armbands, or making Paula Radcliffe and the rest have a little lie-down in the middle of the marathon.
Definition of armband in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.