- A method of restraining someone by holding their arm tightly behind their back: one of the cops put an armlock on me • figurative the prime minister has begun inching out of the pro-European armlock in which he is heldMore example sentences
- She said the patterns of bruising on his neck were more consistent with manual strangulation ‘like a hand gripping the neck’, that they were consistent with his neck being compressed by an armlock either from behind or in front.
- As she approached the local railway station at the end of her route, she was struck by somebody from behind, held in an armlock around her throat and dragged off towards nearby dense trees and undergrowth.
- This match lasted 13 minutes and ended when Kimura caught Helio Gracie in an armlock, causing Carlos Gracie to throw in the towel, signalling surrender.
More definitions of armlockDefinition of armlock in:
- The US English dictionary