- 1Covered with or protected by armour: armoured vehiclesMore example sentences
- The armoured vehicle is protected against 14.5 mm heavy machine gun rounds and artillery splinters.
- Witnesses said US troops riding in jeeps and armoured vehicles opened fire after children in the crowd started pelting them with shoes and stones.
- The division's long columns of trucks and Humvee armoured vehicles avoided Iraqi army and paramilitary units as they pushed north on Thursday and Friday.
- 2(Of some animals and plants) having a protective layer or shell: armoured fishMore example sentences
- Most mollusks have such tissue, but in this armored species, the gland is about 100 times the size of that found in related species.
- Halkieriids were sluglike metazoans armored with a coat of mineralized sclerites and two prominent shells at either end.
- For as long as they were there, no crocodile or armored herbivorous or general carnivorous dinosaur could grow very big.