- An early 19th-century stringed instrument resembling a guitar in shape and having six strings and frets, but played with a bow like a cello.More example sentences
- The ‘arpeggione’ is one of those hybrid instruments that never caught on.
- Unfortunately for its maker and devotees, the arpeggione was anathema before it was even built.
- An almost forgotten instrument, the arpeggione enjoyed a brief life in the early 19th century.
late 19th century: from German, from arpeggio.
More definitions of arpeggioneDefinition of arpeggione in:
- The US English dictionary