Definition of arrowhead in English:
1The pointed end of an arrow.
- Flint arrowheads were shaped to a point and inserted into a slot and tied with sinew to the front of the arrow.
- Though she hated even the sight of the long bow and pointed arrowheads, she understood from Adam's words that she must forget her dislike.
- Primitive man started with a arrowhead that was hardened by burning the end of the shaft slightly, then sharpened by shaping the burned end.
3A Eurasian water plant with arrow-shaped leaves above the water surface.
- Genus Sagittaria, family Alismataceae: several species
- Bog plants, also known as emergent and marginal plants, include some hardy types such as pickerel weed, arrowheads, cattails and yellow water iris; and shorter species including golden-club, parrot's feather and spike rush.
- Among them are arrow arum, bull-tongue arrowhead, pickerelweed, water lettuce, white water lily, yellow water lily, and the invasive alligator weed.
- Wetland communities include, in addition to stands of soft-stem bulrush, very marshy areas with water plantain and broad-leaved arrowhead, two closely related species whose flowers have three white petals.
Definition of arrowhead in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan