- The predominant decorative art style of the 1920s and 1930s, characterized by precise and boldly delineated geometric shapes and strong colours and used most notably in household objects and in architecture.More example sentences
- Renaissance London also has a large range of Victorian cast-iron, English art deco and French decorative radiators.
- It is a very rare example of English art deco: the style of the 1925 exhibition, rather than that of the Hoover Factory.
- Many bathroom companies offer a ‘traditional’ range of styles that includes art deco.
1960s: shortened from French art décoratif 'decorative art', from the 1925 Exposition des Arts décoratifs in Paris.
More definitions of art decoDefinition of art deco in:
- The US English dictionary