- A style of decorative art, architecture, and design prominent in western Europe and the USA from about 1890 until the First World War and characterized by intricate linear designs and flowing curves based on natural forms.More example sentences
- I bought art deco furniture and art nouveau and great clothes.
- As soon as Elton made some money, he started collecting art - art deco and art nouveau.
- The wasp waist, achieved with the help of a corset and a tightly cinched belt, became popular at the end of the nineteenth century, coinciding with the emergence of the art nouveau style in the decorative arts.
early 20th century: from French, literally 'new art'.
More definitions of art nouveauDefinition of art nouveau in:
- The US English dictionary