Definition of arterial in English:
1Relating to an artery or arteries.
- The allergen causes the release of chemicals within the body which act to make the small arterial blood vessels dilate and to leak fluid from the capillaries into the surrounding tissues.
- Arterial, venous, and pulmonary arterial catheters were placed.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding from arterial venous malformations traditionally is treated with combined estrogen and progesterone therapy.
2Denoting an important route in a system of roads, railway lines, or rivers: one of the main arterial routes from York
More example sentences
- There are also suitable sites on Bradford's arterial routes like Manchester Road.
- Some of the worst blackspots occur on train routes or main arterial roads around the country.
- It does not matter whether the route is called ring road, bypass, or northern arterial ring road, the residents do not want it along that route.
Words that rhyme with arterialbacterial, cereal, criterial, ethereal, ferial, funereal, immaterial, imperial, magisterial, managerial, material, ministerial, presbyterial, serial, sidereal, venereal, biomaterial
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.