noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Radiography of an artery, carried out after injection of a radiopaque substance: coronary arteriographyMore example sentences
- This test may be done as an alternative to more invasive procedures such as arteriography and venography, which involve injecting dye into the blood vessel to provide X-ray images.
- All patients underwent contrast left ventriculography, coronary arteriography, and electrophysiologic study, as clinically indicated.
- Cardiac catheterization and coronary arteriography are also performed when it is necessary to evaluate patients at risk for coronary artery disease prior to surgery.
More definitions of arteriographyDefinition of arteriography in:
- The US English dictionary