noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the walls of an artery.More example sentences
- Giant cell arteritis, or temporal arteritis, is an inflammatory disorder of large and medium-sized arteries affected with granulomatous lesions containing T cells and macrophages.
- Takayasu's arteritis is a chronic inflammatory disease involving the aorta and its branches.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis are closely related inflammatory conditions that affect different cellular targets in genetically predisposed persons.
More definitions of arteritisDefinition of arteritis in:
- The US English dictionary