Definition of arthritis in English:
A disease causing painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints.
- Some people with psoriasis develop an inflammation of the joints known as psoriatic arthritis.
- We get through our cancer and heart disease only to face arthritis, dementia, and osteoporosis.
- Bone and joint ailments such as arthritis and rheumatism are often reported too.
- Example sentences
- An arthritic joint often contains loose bodies that interfere with smooth movement.
- Asthmatics and arthritics do better by objective measures, such as peak flow rate or flexibility.
- Now I must rest my arthritic fingers, twisted with the hard labor of my 50 years.
Pronunciation: /-ˈθrɪtɪk/adjective& noun
Definition of arthritis in:
- US English dictionary