- A mammal of the order Artiodactyla, such as a cow, sheep, camel, or pig.More example sentences
- The early Eocene is important for another reason: many orders of fossil mammals (especially primates, perissodactyls, artiodactyls, rabbits, whales, and bats) make their first appearances in the fossil record.
- Marlin, sailfish, beaked whales and large artiodactyls and the recently discovered bipedal predatory dinosaur Suchomimus tenenerensis have neural spines that have broad anterior-to-posterior surfaces.
- Previous paleontological and molecular evidence has indicated that cetaceans and artiodactyls constitute a natural clade within the subclass Eutheria.
adjectiveBack to top
More definitions of artiodactylDefinition of artiodactyl in:
- The US English dictionary