- 1Relating to or characteristic of an artisan: artisanal skills artisanal workshopsMore example sentences
- Promoting artisanal activities like basket-making has particularly strengthened the position of women in the oasis communities.
- Unlike kimberlite deposits, which are deep underground, they are quite easy to mine, using artisanal or semi-industrial methods.
- We've developed a Heritage Skills Apprenticeship Program that preserves artisanal skills that might otherwise be lost.
- 1.1(Of a product, especially food or drink) made in a traditional or non-mechanized way: artisanal cheesesMore example sentences
- Seaweed is one new and interesting ingredient in artisanal bread.
- I decided against a $58 shot of Belgian whiskey and opted for a slightly more economical vodka martini made with a new artisanal brand of vodka that tasted faintly of grapes.
- Last Saturday I attended the Salon Saveurs, a food show focusing on artisanal products, where producers come to talk about and sell their products, most of them offering samples.
More definitions of artisanalDefinition of artisanal in:
- The US English dictionary