- A bracket fungus with a reddish-brown upper surface and a pale lower surface on which scratches remain visible as dark marks, found in both Eurasia and North America.
More example sentences
- Ganoderma applanatum, family Ganodermataceae, class Hymenomycetes
- With the first hard frost of Autumn, all spore production stops and the artist's fungus becomes dormant until the establishment of a new spore tube layer the following spring.
- But artist's fungus and other wood fungi were seen on decaying trees.
More definitions of artist's fungusDefinition of artist's fungus in:
- The US English dictionary