- The person with overall responsibility for the selection and interpretation of the works performed by a theatre, ballet, or opera company.More example sentences
- Over the years, and through five artistic directors, American Ballet Theatre has remained remarkably true to its original identity.
- Playwright and actor Chris Craddock is the new artistic director of Azimuth Theatre.
- She was the artistic director of Soho Poly and Greenwich Theatre.
More definitions of artistic directorDefinition of artistic director in:
- The US English dictionary