(chiefly North American also artsy-fartsy)
adjective• informal , • derogatory
- Associated with or showing an interest in the arts: you’ll have to forget that arty-farty nonsense hereMore example sentences
- Do you want to see more experimentation or do you wish I'd just wander around town with a digital point-and-shoot like I did in the old days, and forget all about the arty-farty nonsense?
- When that whole emphasis on arts was brought in five years ago, everyone pooh-poohed it as being, you know, arty-farty nonsense.
- It's just artsy-fartsy moviemaking nonsense.
More definitions of arty-fartyDefinition of arty-farty in:
- The US English dictionary