- Become king or queen.More example sentences
- Within the span of 20 years, fragmentary records indicate that no less than 18 kings and possibly one queen ascended the throne with nominal control over the country.
- He was a petty thief jailed for 15 years, but released by King Abdullah in a traditional amnesty given when the king ascended the throne.
- Since no king ascended the throne after him, that calendar remained in use as the Yazdgerdi calendar.
More definitions of ascend the throneDefinition of ascend the throne in:
- The US English dictionary