- A salt, ester, or the anion of ascorbic acid.More example sentences
- The major organic anions found in pear leaf apoplastic fluid were citrate, ascorbate and malate, the latter being the major anion.
- As we have seen, the byproducts of oxidation of ascorbates are acidic and act as an inhibitor that increases in regions of greatest development activity.
- Dehydroascorbate content was calculated by subtracting the ascorbate value from the total ascorbate.
More definitions of ascorbateDefinition of ascorbate in:
- The US English dictionary