Definition of aseptic in English:
1Free from contamination caused by harmful bacteria, viruses, or other microorganisms; surgically sterile or sterilized.
- The antigen for spiking the specimens designated as CA 15-3 and CA 27.29 was derived from a cell line grown by aseptic tissue culture.
- In 1885 in Kiel, Germany, he constructed a small private hospital that embodied his aseptic design - a five-room operating suite.
- Suitable for the production and handling of medical devices under special conditions, an aseptic assembly cell from Ismeca Automation makes use of servomotors for motion control.
1.1(Of surgical practice) aiming at the complete exclusion of harmful micro-organisms.
- At the core of infection prevention are aseptic practices.
- The draped table is sterile only at the top surface, according to established and recognized principles of aseptic practice.
- Adherence to aseptic practices aids in fulfilling this responsibility.
- Example sentences
- Catheter tips were aseptically removed and cultured by the roll-plate method.
- The circulating nurse should draw each medication into a syringe and deliver it aseptically to the sterile field.
- The nature of practice requires that medications and solutions be delivered aseptically to the sterile field.
Words that rhyme with asepticdyspeptic, epileptic, nympholeptic, peptic, proleptic, sceptic (US skeptic), septic
Definition of aseptic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.