A serious fungal disease of the European ash, characterized by the progressive death of the tree’s branches: the number of woodland sites where ash dieback has been detected has doubled
- The disease is caused by Hymenoscyphus pseudoalbidus (also called Chalara fraxinea), subdivision Ascomycotina
More example sentences
- It has emerged that 100,000 ash trees have already been burnt to stop the spread of ash dieback.
- The threat of ash dieback is mitigated by the vigour with which new trees regenerate in the British climate.
- The first outbreak of ash dieback has been confirmed in Northern Ireland.
Definition of ash dieback in:
- The US English dictionary