adjective[predic.] • literary
- Shining: eyes ashine in the darknessMore example sentences
- In regimental reviews, they like to sweep past at the double-quick, their faces ashine with sweat and pride.
- The moon's ashine; by many a lane Walk wistful lovers to and fro; It must be like old days again; How they do love!
- Rufus Sewell, eyes ashine and hair a-long, plays a nutty grassroots abolitionist, while Youssou N'Dour, the African music star, is a freed slave whose published accounts of his ordeal helped to galvanize the anti-slavery movement.
More definitions of ashineDefinition of ashine in:
- The US English dictionary