- The interior, which was restored in 1880 by Giuseppe Patricolo, displays ashlaring worked with the utmost care.
- The construction is stone resembling brick in shape, giving a less stern appearance than ashlaring would have done in such a massive building.
- The graffito ashlaring was last restored during the general reconstruction in 1992 together with the renovation of the two original vaulted halls on the ground-floor.
2Upright boarding fixed from the joists to the rafters of an attic to cut off the acute angle between the roof and the floor.
- I am fairly happy with what to do with the floor but am not sure what to do about securing the ashlaring walls that sit on the I beam and support the roof purlin.
- The problem arises in converting existing loft spaces where the loadbearing ashlaring makes it less practical to board out the portion of floor/ceiling joists in the roof void areas, in the same manner as the new rooms.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ash¦lar|ing
Definition of ashlaring in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.