- 1To or on the shore or land from the direction of the sea: the seals come ashore to breedMore example sentences
- Handing over the helm he directed me close to land, hopped ashore and left us to fate.
- Sailors from the ship also wanted to get ashore during this time to help with the aid and restoration program.
- Then there were the marine corps and army infantry who waded ashore or were landed by air on island after island.
- 1.1On land as opposed to at sea: we spent the day ashoreMore example sentences
- Due to the situation ashore in Honiara, there has been no shore leave allowed over the two months the ship was there.
- The prize gives special emphasis to research which improves the management or techniques in sick bays ashore and afloat.
- In between official duties sailors managed to get ashore to take in the sights of Exeter and Torquay.