- A small receptacle for tobacco ash and cigarette ends.More example sentences
- The idea is that smokers use the ashtrays instead of dropping cigarette ends on the streets, saving the council thousands of pounds in clean-up bills.
- The artwork, made up of empty bottles, cigarette boxes, full ashtrays and paint tins was put together by Damien Hirst.
- Three years ago he created an impromptu piece in a gallery window - it included empty bottles, cigarette boxes and filthy ashtrays.
More definitions of ashtrayDefinition of ashtray in:
- The US English dictionary