Definition of Asian in English:
Relating to Asia or its people, customs, or languages.
- I doubt whether Punjabi or the dozens of other Asian languages have this kind of importance.
- There is a shortage of European language interpreters but no lack of Asian language speakers.
- Similarly, my local library is full of books in Asian languages but no books in Gaelic.
nounBack to top
A native of Asia or a person of Asian descent.
- Note that I am in no way disrespecting Asia, Asians or Asian products with this name.
- It's heartening that the finalists have included Asians, West Indians and Chinese.
- It was also responsible for a gradual introduction of Indians and other Asians into British society.
- Asianness noun
- Example sentences
- If they had been, they surely would have been more concerned with religion, and even caste, than mere Asianness.
- Though she masquerades in the fashions, make-up, and body language of white yuppies, her Asianness and her visceral discomfort read as distinctly as their whiteness.
- Examining whiteness teaches us that the myths and stereotypes of whiteness go hand in hand with the myths and stereotypes of blackness, Asianness, or any other ethnicity.
Words that rhyme with Asianablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, aviation, cetacean, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, crustacean, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, donation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, geolocation, glocalization, gyration, Haitian, halation, Horatian, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, taxation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
Definition of Asian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.