noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hydrophilic amino acid which is a constituent of most proteins.
More example sentences
- An amide of aspartic acid; chemical formula: CONH2CH2CH(NH2)COOH
- In 1806, French chemist, Louis-Nicolas Vauquelin, isolated a compound in asparagus that proved to be the amino acid, asparagine.
- The concentration of both glutamine and asparagine, the most abundant of the specific amino acids, declined rapidly during phase 1 after defoliation.
- Instead these domains tend to be enriched with polar amino acids, such as glutamine and asparagine.
More definitions of asparagineDefinition of asparagine in:
- The US English dictionary