- A pea plant which has edible cylindrical pods with four longitudinal wavy flanges.
More example sentences
- Tetragonolobus (or Lotus) purpurea, family Leguminosae
- Also known as asparagus pea or goa bean, the winged bean is a native of Papua New Guinea, and is fairly common on Southeast Asian and British tables.
- Cover and cook for one minute, then uncover and add the asparagus peas or mangetouts.
- They can solve the problem of early frost by cultivating asparagus peas in containers and moving them inside to a greenhouse or sunny bay window to complete maturation.