- A very sweet substance used as an artificial sweetener, chiefly in low-calorie products. It is a derivative of aspartic acid and phenylalanine.More example sentences
- One of this drink's chief ingredients is the artificial sweetener aspartame.
- How can stevia ever fairly compete with artificial sweeteners, such as aspartame and saccharin, when the latter two are allowed to be called sweeteners?
- Some people are allergic to food additives, color additives, sulfites, and the low-calorie sweetener aspartame.
More definitions of aspartameDefinition of aspartame in:
- The US English dictionary